Monday, July 30, 2007

We have UNDERWEAR!

Yes, you read correctly. And no, I am not going crazy - well at least not more than any other day. So what's the excitement about? Three days of two children wearing underwear all day! Normally I know this isn't cause for much joy jumping, but in our case with three kids all in some stage of diaperwearing - this is great! Chloe has finally taken to pottytraining, finally. We were starting to have our limits of patience tested, and I think God knew we weren't able to take much more. Saturday, after a couple hours of crying and visiting the bathroom every 20 minutes, she finally used the potty like a 'big girl'. That was what it took. Since then, no accidents (well of the liquid variety anyway) and no hesitiation. In fact, she is a bit too enthusiastic about it all and wants to hang out in the bathroom more than she needs. But we aren't complaining!! It is such a blessing and a relief to both Paul and I. We knew she was going to be difficult to train, but we didn't expect such strong resistance. I think we both thought on more than one occasion to duct tape her little bottom to the toilet until something happened! Of course, it never would have come to that, but we sure felt the frustrations. Thankfully, the hardest part is over and we are so proud of her!

No other big events happening right now. Which is actually quite fine with us as it seems within the past two weeks all three of the kids have hit some sort of milestone in their growing up. I think we are getting a bigger dose of reality than we want - our babies aren't babies anymore. Its exciting to watch them learn and discover new adventures, but I love to just sit back and cherish their smiling faces too.

Well there you have it, an update - just for you Jamie!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Awww....just for me? Thank you;)
Way to go Chloe!!!! See, the potty isn't so scary;) Our training seems to be hit and miss...some days better than others. I know what you mean about them growing up- my baby is almost 3. I need another!!!