Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dare I even...?

An attempt to revive this neglected site? Dare I? An effort to update and inform those two of you who read? Dare I? Am I that bored? Yep, I am.


It has been yet another year since posting. Life in our little corner of the UK hasnt changed much, and for that we are very thankful. We continue to enjoy every moment we spend in England, so much so that we have asked (and been granted) to stay another 3 years. Our family will reside across the pond until February 2016.

The three crazy kiddos are doing quite well. Jacob has just turned 10. Yes, I said it...DOUBLE DIGITS!! Stop the madness! He is in 4th grade, and has become such a young man in recent months. Chloe is 7, and in the 2nd grade. She is a bright, beautiful little girl. Jonah is 5 now. Our baby is no longer a baby. He attends Reception, which is the UK version of Kindergarten. He is doing brilliantly. None of the children have adopted a British accent as of yet. I am thinking that there isnt much hope left at this point. Friends' children have picked it up in months, while my kids have had years with no success. Such disappointment! Its a charming and adorable quirk that I love.

Paul and I are looking forward to spending this summer together. He was away on yet another 'vacation' for the whole of last summer. The kids and I did a bit of travelling with friends last season, but being able to share experiences as a complete family will be fantastic. We have plans to visit Germany and a couple areas of the UK that we havent seen yet.

We have been blessed with amazing friends while living here. Some we have known for years, while others we have been fortunate enough to meet since being in England. The experience is all the richer because of their friendships. We share laughs, adventures, trials and loneliness. I will have to point out that the laughs and adventures far outweigh the trials. But having support from such beautiful people help make the trials easier to bear as well.

I wont even begin to insult you with promises of consistency and more frequent posting. We all know how that turns out....badly. I will say this, though. If you read....I will write :)

1 comments:

Priemer Family said...

I'll read!! I have been contemplating reviving my blog as well...but with FB it is so easy to upload pics w/o a story!! I'll keep you posted on my blogging progress!